working for amazon fresh reddit
It is constant walking on a hard concrete floor for 10-12 hours, your feet start killing you after about 2-3 hours I would be limping for half the day it was so bad. I felt like a member of the Borg collective. I will not use personal names, but the person in charge of smalls after 10 is fantastic, fun and energentic and appreciative of the extra effort. Have a life? The job was ok, it was a job with okay benefits. So I just started working as a sorter and I was supposed to get a sign on bonus which I haven’t received (Ive received two paychecks already ) but besides that the schedule that I chose had 19hr for the next three months but they are only paying me the base 16/hr, should I call them? And, let’s say you get on a team that is doing something cool. I worked as a seasonal employee, I couldn’t do this job full time. There is a strong bell curve in place for how you will be reviewed. Because even though you might all be awesome, some of you are less awesome (not usually technically by the way, you just didn’t kiss the right butt). 5+ years of content marketing experience in a B2B environment. What region are you working in? The hours can suck ALOT. what I was doing) or because they were brought in as fodder to plug holes on ops-heavy teams or burn on the stack and are going to get PIP'd or managed out because they aren't actually that good. How can I work for Amazon Fresh, Prime now or whole foods blocks? Everything is about meeting performance goals. Sort by: relevance - date. Willing & able to pass a pre-paid alcohol delivery training course (where…, 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or…. The chances of being randomly assigned to a full time position on a great team are low (but not impossible). Well, kind of like logistics in the old days when they use to offer blocks in the mornings. Awesome place to work. "No delivery windows available." Refer to point 2 (misuse of the principles). Amazon doesn’t care about what is going on outside of Amazon, and they are so inwardly focused, they don’t even know that they are getting passed by open source technologies. They look okay, right? After working there for a period of years I am free, and want to prevent others from falling into this hell hole. Amazon Fresh delivery working for anyone? They said this seemed more like a permanent change instead of a temporary one. The pay was decent. Fine. This was a point that hit home for me very recently: The hiring process and hiring bar is a mess... Intern conversion rates are far too high and it's far too easy for managers to override/disregard team feedback and get bad interns hired anyhow ... we had a steady stream of pretty poor entry-level hires that put a lot of pressure on myself and the other senior engineers with respect to mentorship responsibilities and trying to keep technical debt in check. Very fast paced. As an example: my team, which had just 6 people (R&D, all top flight SDE2 or higher, and a veteran manager) always got 2-3 interns each year even though we were small and rarely had actual openings because we had low turnover, easy hours, and actual cutting edge projects...and a really high conversion offer acceptance rate. Hah! How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Amazon.com? Experience Testing Web Application Platforms. Amazon has no personality and extremely limited personal interaction. I think it speaks for the culture of grinding beyond personal health that I often see expressed about a lot of teams at Amazon (and I'm well aware not all teams at Amazon, or any company, are like this). I ones emailed them to see if I can work on both or need to be switched and they just said that they are not hiring at the moment (that was almost a year ago). It was by far the worst on-site experience I've ever had. Posted by 3 months ago. Feel free to ask questions too, if you consider working at Amazon. Anybody else having this issue? Arriving and clocking-in five minutes early for work is ignored if you return from a break even one minute late. Some rules I find annoying. Working there, you meet a lot of diverse workers with different age groups and cultures. I always had achieves/solid strength or better ratings, but there was so little transparency to it that I don't have trouble believing that people really do get low ratings or PIPs out of the blue (that said, I rarely saw anybody get PIP'd and fired who didn't deserve it, at least in my org--more on that in the bits about turnover and the hiring bar). You take ownership in your work and team and are available…, The ideal candidate can work with, and across, various people, teams, processes and technologies to help guide Bimbo Bakeries USA through digital transformation…. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I took this job because i thought that it would be good during my layoff due to COVID and when i got back to my regular job. Here is a top 11 list of what sucks the most about working at Amazon: Micromanagement. Not a ton of discussion there, but two possibilities are suggested -- a change in policy across the board (at least in a specific market) or a result of one's particular account being flagged. 13,003 questions and answers about Amazon.com Working Hours. There is free coffee that is accessible everyday. Then day before yesterday, I get an email saying after reviewing my resume and stuff, they want me to take some kind of assessment (the email said an aptitude assessment of my current reading, writing, and arithmetic skill levels). A subreddit for those with questions about working in the tech industry or in a computer-science-related job. The staff from whole foods aren't very welcoming to new people but a job is a job. Posted by 5 months ago. And you will owe part of that money back. Seriously, if you're good enough to get an onsite at Amazon, get an onsite at any other comparable company and you'll notice how cheap, work-centric, and depressing the overall environment of Amazon is. Ops. Amazon has announced that it will raise its US minimum wage to $15 an hour. They are constantly behind the curve on scaling, their projects are always late, there is nothing documented, there is no architecture (or even respect for having an architecture or design). Education: Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field. How flexible are your working hours at Amazon.com? Do I have to be home for the delivery? In these roles, you will have broad responsibility…. Great place to work! I’ve ordered from Amazon Fresh multiple times for months and returned a few items that were poor quality such as produce and some cracked eggs. Turnover is insane and everybody knows it. The management was poor, felt like they have no control. This tells me you're not attached to your phone enough and not tapping frequently. Wrong. How long does it take to get a start date? You are tired when you leave. There's been a lot of discussion about the challenging work/life balance at Amazon. You are moving and multitasking all day. Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience. Although there are some great people in lower management positions, for the most part Amazon does not value their hard working employees. View All Moderators. Refer to point 5. 2. If you reach 6 points they fire you. Crossposted by 1 month ago. As horrible as it was towards the end, the good times were pretty awesome (great team, cool project, pretty low pressure). After I watched them, I went kinda on a whim and put in my formal interest in the position, picking a Dallas location as my training/schooling location. Okay; so you are fine working hard and fast? I remember people joking about finding ways to "disagree and commit" while still managing to "earn trust." Don’t say you didn’t. You literally can't stop moving until break time. don’t work here. You have to work from where you are at to where you need to be and that can be literally 4-6 minutes and you need to be back at you station before your lunch or break ends to your first scan can be on that time.. Has anyone in the Boston market been able to get a refund the easy way in the past week? After a bunch of industry hire SDE2s and college SDE1s flooded our team, the overall "bar" got worse, and I've been spending more and more of my time having to hand-hold "new" folks to our stack, despite myself not needing that much of a leg up when I first started. What advice would you give the CEO of Amazon.com about how to improve it? Amazon Fulfillment Center r/ AmazonFC. Obviously I can't do it from where I am now, but damnit, if anything can be done, I'm going to insist on higher standards from here on out. Yes they were over priced for what you got, but they were so easy to make and very tasty :(, As someone who doesn't know how to cook or takes a long time prepare raw ingredients, I liked it. Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews. Hot. You aren’t that dumb. Everything is breaking in new and terrible ways all the time. Management was very kind at least, however it's impossible to reach anyone when you're not there. Hot New Top Rising. You are treated like a machine and not a person. And the reason they have all these hiring events? You can see some of your peer feedback, but your manager will never tell you why you actually got the rating you did...probably because the actual reason is mostly bullshit (that's how stack ranking works). People were nice, but a lot like being in high school again. 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or…. How flexible are your working hours at Amazon.com? I didn't think there were any left that aren't merged. These new folks have had between 2-6 months to ramp up, and almost all of them seem lost. No matter that you just moved from Pakistan or whatever.. Tough crap. What would you suggest Amazon.com management do to prevent others from leaving? It's also not uncommon to see an entire team with 7 mediocre college hire SDE1s and an inexperienced manager that was spun up to offset somebody else's ops load, or in a mad scramble to launch some VP's new pet project. 1 1. Members. If you need help your coworkers and management is always willing to help. Until they get LE’d. The schedule is not flexible, you can choose the days but you can't choose a specific time. Temperatures are taken upon entering the facility, everybody is required to wear a mask and gloves, and the distance is maintained at many of the packing areas. 413. I went to their onsite "group" coding thing and it was basically a bunch of candidates coding in a room stressing about finishing individual mini projects with cold, half-assed lunch mid-way through that you kinda picked at while staring at your screen for 8 hours straight. awful benefits, low pay, demerit point system. Created Feb 23, 2016. If you're looking for a place to discuss DSP topics, head over to r/amazondspdrivers. Senior engineers working tickets all day. The only time that THEY have to come find and talk to you is because your not moving fast enough. You thought this would be number 1? If you are late to work, you get points. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. What a fustercluxk. Entry Level (17) Mid Level (14) Senior Level (10) Upload your resume - Let employers find you. Most people use them to badmouth others and even better, and they use them incorrectly and qualitatively (which is totally hilarious at such a data driven company).

Asl Urban Dictionary, Remi Warren Fiance, Matthew Wolfenden Net Worth, Eaton M62 Supercharger Rebuild Kit, Carhartt Wip Afterpay, Itachi Nagato Vs Naruto Killer Bee épisode, Monday Swimwear Review, Graham Elliot Wife,