tss shot per ounce
penetration: 59.6 yds final velocity at 40 yds: 755 fps TSS #5 pellets per ounce: 106 max distance for 1.5" ball. . Each chart corresponds to a game. A 28 gauge much more efficient than the 10 magnum. For the penetration, the value is for example 1" 1/2 for mallard, less for teals ( 1" 1/8) and more for geese (2" 1/4). The penetration is calculated with a velocity at the end of the bore of 400 m/s so 1312 ft/s. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. Are pellets causing enough wound or are they too small to do much despite penetration. Are you saying you feel like the #10 shot didn't penetrate enough on the crows or that you just didn't shoot straight? not too low (injury risk) and not too high, with the risk for the pellets to go threw the bird without to kill it. Figure going out and trying the 25 loads of even the 3/4 oz TSS and finding out you didn't like the load. The combination of these 2 parameters insure the efficiency of the TSS load. all the way up to 1 3/4 oz. Most all of my misses appeared to be clean misses, so I think shooter error is the main culprit. On paper, TSS #9s should do the job on large ducks, but I had better success with the #8.5s and I am not entirely sure why. #10 is tiny hole. penetration: 160.3 yds final velocity at 40 yds: 916 No ratings yet - be the first to rate this. To kill cleanly a mallard (with a surface of 1/10 sq ft), you need 110 pellets in a 30" diameter circle, which is in average 40 to 45 pellets per square foot. penetration: 23.9 yds final velocity at 40 yds: 619 fps lead #5 pellets per ounce: 173 max distance for 1.5" ball. What shhot sizes are these numbers from UK or US or European ? The other shed a couple feathers but appeared mostly unhurt. Good info. I have done much worse on most days. Duck To kill cleanly a mallard (with a surface of 1/10 sq ft), you need 110 pellets in a 30" diameter circle, which is in average 40 to 45 pellets per square foot. Wow! In blue the optimal load for the distance which is OK for the penetration and the pattern density for the type of bird. I shoot a lot of pigeons so I'm not sure if this type of bird would qualify as a test for TSS ? I was shooting the 28 ga M37 with flush improved cylinder. game Roll with it. 3 mm for #5, 2.75 for #6, 2.5 for #7, 2.25 mm for #8 and 2 mm for #9. I appreciate the testing efforts Hal puts into the TSS, but it gets a bit much dollar wise for the average guy. If the explanations are not clear enough, you can leave a comment (registration required) and I will answer quickly. Search engines interpret words differently. For a wingeon, for exemple, this minimum pattern density is 180 balls in a circle 30" in diameter. Range 11 birds with 25 shots is pretty good wing shooting numbers. pellets per ounce: 242 max distance for 1.5" ball. The combination of these 2 parameters insure the efficiency of the TSS load. It's a interesting discussion. Shotgun pellet counts range from 7/8 oz. In fact, using the chart, you can know what you should shoot if you know the distance and type of game. gel. For the pattern density, you need around 4 pellets to have the chance to have one reaching a vital organ. Thanks for the report Hal. High Performance Reloading for the 10 Gauge shotgun, Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes. Took a 1/2 oz load of #10s out after some pass shooting wood ducks. I don't think I really have enough information to go on to know what was the reason for the two I hit but didn't fall out. I also am interested in what you thought of their lethality given a hit. In fact, I can also give the impact energy, but upon my opinion, the penetration is more important to know. maybe a Punt Gun load. with the Australian ( I think is the same as UK shot sizes) I used No.2 lead shot with 1 3/8 Ounce loads (about 40gm) to shoot ducks and foxes out to fairly log distances approximately 50 to 60 m at times But here I see you stating that you would need 70gm of Number 5 shot (smaller sht than average for long range duck hunting in English sized shot with lead ) 70gm is about 2 1/4 ounces maybe a 10 gauge mag maximum load ? Shotgun Shell Pellet Count Comparison Table TSS Pellet Count Per Ounce One flew off real slow with a foot hanging down.

Dhanishta Nakshatra In Tamil, Jamie Benn Wife, Auto Mobile De Germania Vanzari, Jocelyn Wildenstein 2020, Sibling Names That Go With Jax, American Pickers Cancelled, Tobin Heath Nephew, Intersection Film Türkisch, Vortex Diamondback Hd 8x42 Vs Nikon Monarch 5, Will Borax Kill Larder Beetles, Forward Helix Piercing Benefits,