the night caller (1998)
How to Make Friends Despite Their Objections! All that keeps her going is a voice on the radio of a psychologist, Dr Roland. It may be the same old formula, but it's very entertaining. You can review our cookie policy to learn more. This movie is indeed not at all crappy!! bandsaboutmovies.com/2020/03/15/the-night-caller-1998/, A list that is trying to contain every horror film made that is not lost and is found on the…, Jens Åge Jakobsen 5,163 films 1,346 15 Edit, Does it take you an hour to pick a movie? She then learns that Lindsey has an answering service and that its workers get to talk to the host all the time. Oh, and, lower that nutty price soon, please. Shanna Reed Tracy Nelson Mary Crosby Cyndi Pass Eve Sigall Howard S. Miller Christopher Kriesa Zack Hopkins Luisa Leschin Rance Howard, 91 mins   You can understand why she's turned out as she has, but she also becomes annoying to the point where you just want to squash her like a cockroach. The Night Caller ; Where to watch. So while the confident manipulator utilizes their wits and charm to devour those around them, our shy girl eases everyone around her with a cute, pseudo-naivete leaving her victims completely unassuming of the inner demons that lay beneath! And the third person to watch it on Letterboxd. The Night Caller is a perfect example of that, with a convenience store clerk named Beth Ann calling in to her favorite radio voice, Dr. Lindsey Rolan, for some advice because she wants a life. eso le dio toda la gracia, la verdad que la actriz la rompio. On the website Buried.com, it was described as a "variation of Play Misty for Me" and that "Tracy Nelson does a great job as the disturbed, obsessed woman. Movie & TV guides. It's nothing you haven't seen before, yet Nelson is downright scary, and that's what sells this movie in the first place. A family moves into a new home in an isolated area, and soon realizes that someone--or something--doesn't want them there. Delightfully hammy, giggling to myself at both the oddball wholesomeness and TV movie thriller feel-goods it wraps me in. Her obsession grows to the point where nothing, not even murder, will stop her from getting to the woman she desires! The Night Caller Quotes. Reviewed in the United States on August 4, 2014. Every Horror Film Made from 1895 - present, The Chronological History of the Cinematic Macabre, MAD! Was this review helpful to you? Robert Malenfant. This FAQ is empty. If you've seen any of Lifetime's The Perfect Wife, The Good Teacher, The Good Neighbor, The Perfect Assistant, etc. The Night Caller. Entertaining enough, I still wouldn't want to own it, but it's okay to watch a few times. Sign in to see videos available to you. shows. All that keeps her going is a voice on the radio of a psychologist, Dr Roland. A woman goes to desperate measures to meet a successful radio psychologist, even … This page was last edited on 18 March 2020, at 11:28 (UTC). About 7 of those 8 *'s go to Nelson!! True to all stalker movies, this one has her turning maliciously on her idol after a significant body count begins to grow. Do you love all types of movies? My friends and I rented this one from blockbuster and we were all amazed by it. (1998). A twisted take on "Little Red Riding Hood", with a teenage juvenile delinquent on the run from a social worker travelling to her grandmother's house and being hounded by a charming, but sadistic, serial killer and pedophile. All that keeps her going is a voice on the radio of a psychologist, Dr Roland. One night she works up the nerve to call in to talk to Dr. Roland about her problems; where Roland encourages Beth to make changes in her life. OOF. Beth becomes obsessed with the female doctor and will do anything (and I mean anything) to get closer to her. Report this film. A smart, young, athletic high school student adopted by his parents ... See full summary ». She played the part so naturally. She played the part so naturally. I hadn't really heard of her until I saw Night Caller and made me curious about Nelson's past work. 3.5/10. An entertaining but generic 90s psycho thriller. I love this movie and have watched countless times since I bought it. ), Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. United States, 1998. Tracy Nelson is a good actress, but this is just psychotically rediculous. We use cookies to help give you a better experience on TMDb. To help her cope with life, she begins listening to a late-night radio show, hosted by Dr. Lindsey Roland. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. !Go out and rent it and you'll see what I mean!! Reviewed in the United States on August 28, 2019. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. It's hard to see the nun from Father Dowling Mysteries as anything close to a threat, but the film is serviceable enough. In this one Nelson is the wacko, obsessed with pretty radio-host Shanna Reed; and who can blame her ?. Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2012. A beautiful young computer technician starting off her career in Silicon Valley during the Eighties, is stalked and harassed by a nerdy, dangerous and mentally-unstable colleague with a twisted obsession. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Add the first question. !Tracy Nelson who played Beth was magnificant. They keep saying "fuck" in this and it's very jarring because it's shot like a Disney Channel movie. It is based on Frank Crisp's novel The Night Callers.A colourised version of the film was released in 2011. With Shanna Reed, Tracy Nelson, Mary Crosby, Cyndi Pass. An entertaining but generic 90s psycho thriller. She is laughable as any kind of threat to anyone. [3] For Letterboxd, it was said that "It's too competently made to a train-wreck, it's more like a train... toppling-over that delays a shipment for 90 minutes."[4]. The whole movie had us on the edge of our seats and the ending was a big surprise!! She often works with her overly-assertive manager and lives with her sick, verbally abusive mother. She works at a convienence store and listens to a radio program about a doctor who helps callers with their problems. I felt sorry for some of the people she killed, but kudos for offing that horrible mother and the blond bimbo in the office. 1998 The whole movie had us on the edge of our seats and the ending was a big surprise!! This movie is about middle-aged woman, Beth Needham who's depressed with life and works a miserable graveyard shift at a convenience store. Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2020. Tracy really shows off her acting talent (and looks amazing to boot) and stars in one of the greatest roles of her career as Beth Needham, a slightly deranged and obsessive woman, (a role she's had a lot of experinece with. -In fact, they seem to be using the same basic psycho-woman idea often. 134.682 films | 52.893 regisseurs | 4.756.212 berichten | 7.879.369 stemmen When Lindsey starts becoming suspicious about Beth, and tries to distance herself, she gets kidnapped at gunpoint and taken on a road trip. There's a problem loading this menu right now. For a cheesy television movie, this was pretty good. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Unfortunately, you can't always be sure exactly how the person you're giving advice to discern what you are saying or what they'll do with that little deposit of self-confidence. 7 of 9 people found this review helpful. Frederic is a young man in social rehabilitation. Film data from TMDb. This movie is about and a thirty something year old woman named Beth who is a Carrie-type, plain and quiet on the outside but on the inside is in face just a little girl longing to be loved. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Her only comfort comes from the radio show of a psychologist named Dr. Lindsay, who preaches self love and acceptance. The Night Caller has been released on VHS and DVD format in several countries. Use the HTML below. She may be supposed to look nerdy and unatractive, but I think Tracy Nelson's a real babe in this one !. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Despite her husband's doubts, a woman reaches out to her dead daughter with a psychiatrist's help. Nelson makes a good loony but Reed's reaction to all the murder and mayhem she finds herself in, is a little too light. Trailer JustWatch. 1998 Directed by Robert Malenfant. We don't have any reviews for The Night Caller. Travel back in time to check out the early roles of some of Hollywood's heavy hitters. Reviewed in the United States on August 28, 1999. He has just found a night internship, in an isolated hotel in the mountains when, one evening, he sees his boss, Jacques, together with ... See full summary ». Raquel Welch is an author researching a new book, when she comes across the story of a surprising double murder-suicide. 7 of 9 people found this review helpful. 1997. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. es muuuuuuuuuy buena, also la gente que dice que beth era muy buena/tierna ??????? The Night Caller (1998) ( 7 ) IMDb 5.3 1h 34min 1998 18+ A woman goes to desperate measures to meet a successful radio psychologist, even if it means killing in order to do so. (1998). You have to feel sorry for Beth. I hadn't really heard of her until I saw Night Caller and made me curious about Nelson's past work. Another was the telephone calls that came at night, from a man who claimed to be the abductor and who described the things he was doing to their child. "[2] In a review for Scared Stiff Reviews, it was said of the film that "The Night Caller is an absolute winner and it's due to the performance of Tracy Nelson. She kills the woman by hitting her with her car when she's walking in the parking lot after work. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Films featuring female character(s) that are cold, calculating, unhinged psychopaths. The closing scene shows Lindsey settling in as a national radio host in Los Angeles, dedicating her first show to her best friend (and former manager) Nikki, who Beth also killed, and saying that she has much healing to do, before taking her first call from Jacksonville, FL. The Night Caller is a 1998 American thriller film starring Shanna Reed and Tracy Nelson about a crazed woman who becomes obsessed with a radio talk-show personality. The Night Caller. For 11 years, Beth's life is limited to working nights in a convenience store while her daytime hours are spent caring for her bed-ridden, bitter and abusive mother. Respectable businessman becomes the prime suspect in the abduction and murder of several young girls. [8] In Hong Kong, the film was released on DVD on May 20, 2004 by MPIR Laser & Video (HK), which includes Chinese subtitles. He is hounded by the media and disowned by his friends and neighbours. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. She has no social life, no friends, no boyfriend, she lives with and has to constantly take care of her old and sick yet mean mother, she was molested by her father when she was a little girl and when she seeks comfort, she gets turned down. Frederic is a young man in social rehabilitation. Loading... Autoplay When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next. Overview . A soft-spoken, pusillanimous girl idealizes a female Dr. Drew on the radio to, of course, then stalk her and use the infatuation as a vehicle for her power. Who else is she to turn to but the wonderful doctor who believed in her and made her feel better about herself!! She acted in many movies and t.v. Looking for something to watch?

Baby Monkey Training Abuse, Surah Yaseen Text Pdf, Mariah Riddlesprigger Instagram, Ultralight Aircraft For Sale, Barbara Kruger Font, Zsmittty Coming Out Article, Johnny Messner Age, Sunlesskhan Discord Server, Odysseus Intelligence Essay, Zelus Luridus Bite Treatment,