pearson health textbook pdf chapter 11
Thus, everything about a As an OER text, sections could be assigned as resources to courses outside of health. Human Diseases: A Systemic Approach, Eighth Edition is today's most accessible, accurate, current, and engaging introduction to basic pathophysiology. With MyLab and Mastering, you can connect with students meaningfully, even from a distance. The text contains no significant grammatical errors. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn and test their understanding to help them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. This will help to understand the social, psychological and physical components of health. The chapters, sections and headings all appear consistently presented. The textbook does a fine job of explaining the role of government. For a textbook that is not professionally published I found the terminology and framework sufficient for my needs. (0.4MB), Download Test Bank - Word (application/zip) Sections about marijuana and cannabis, infertility, social disorder, and smoking need refreshing. Today, reaching every student can feel out of reach. WHy does it say it twice? Today, reaching every student can feel out of reach. While the book includes many of the main points related to each topic, it does not go into too much depth. Text can use some more pictures and charts, especially in Chapter 1. How can we dig deeper and fact-check? read more. The book doesn't cover any of the topics in an in-depth manner. Pearson Health helps students develop the skills they need as they work to improve their personal and interpersonal health. The book was limited in depth and many areas needed additional explanation. One of the greatest challenges in teaching health is to be unbiased given so many factors affect our health like politics, economics, zip code etc. It gives a lot of information, but it isn't very "in-depth." 121–123 Chapter 6: Building Healthy Peer Relationships Section 3: Responsible Relationships, pp. There was nothing presented that was jarring or appeared out of context. One more chapter that I appreciate is the chapter on psychology: the most common mental health disorders that college-aged students encounter is important and the section on resilience in both the psychology chapter and the stress management chapter are greatly needed. The MyPlate.gov website has been significantly changed, around the time that this book was published, so some of the links to that site no longer work. The textbook covers a variety of topics in a choppy sequence jumping from three chapters on sexuality and sexual health to substance abuse then onto nutrition. Personalize learning with MyHealthProfessionsLab NEW: MyHealthProfessionsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. The reference to a handgun on p. 56 was uncomfortable for me. Its superior pedagogy has been enhanced with stronger foundational coverage of disease mechanisms, new Healthy Aging and Promote Your Health features, and extensive new artwork. Selected Chapters from Pearson Health Textbook & Classnotes. Overall, the book serves its purpose. Sometimes more jargon is necessary. In it a statement, “although satisfaction is lower in women,” is delivered with no backup explanation. Often the sub headings were very short and needed additional information to validate their statements. Modularity was this textbook's strength. For example, on p. 55 there is no consistency in capitalization of first words in bullet points. Statistically, perhaps, but is there a causal relationship? For example, page 107, Section 6.6, Sexual Frequency is covered in one paragraph. Thus, everything about a Is there a heading that wasn't bold? The interface is clean and simple. The paragraph spacing was not what I would have chosen. Immunity, Inflammation, and Immune Disorders, 3. Infectious Diseases and Infection Control, 6. Chapter 18 Therapeutic Techniques and Sports Medicine. Readers will learn about the nature of health, health education, health promotion and related concepts. Sample chapter is available for download in PDF format. References looked similar and were all summarized at the end of each chapter. Chapter 11 Medical Math. (0.2MB), Download Sakai TestBank (application/zip) This book certainly lacks sufficient images/pictures. All terminology was defined or given reference as to where to locate additional information. Anything missing can easily be added by the instructor and used as a discussion or research assignment for the students. It leaves room for me to do my job to engage my students in more detail by discussing controversial topics while giving them the opportunity to be critical thinkers. Content is accurate. I don't know if you call this "grammar" per-se, but formatting is not consistent. I would have liked to see more acknowledgement of cultural differences and references to the health of people from other cultures, especially as it relates to changes they may encounter once a person from another country moves here. Chapter 16 Nutrition. The format of the text-book is consistent as is the type of delivery for the information. SE/TE: Prentice Hall Health Textbook: Chapter 1: Making Healthy Decisions Section 2: Identifying Health Risks pg. The chapters on "Relationships & Love" and "Health Care Choices" were excellent additions to what you find in many health books. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Personalize the learning experience and improve results for each student with Mastering. The reference sections are hyperlinks, which come and go. So much has happened affecting people's health has transpired since 2015 that it is time for updating. Building Health Skills • Analyzing Influences • Accessing Information Personalized learning that reaches every student. read more. The text is well organized and chapters flow into each other in logical ways. 11. Grateful to the author for contributing to OER resources. The book cites quality sources, however it would be helpful to include in-text citations since the references are only at the end of the chapters and it is difficult to know where the information is coming from. No interface issues for me, but I was reading on a personal computer and perhaps on a tablet or phone there would be. advanced due to more challenging word/term choices, but this book would work well for anyone taking an intro level class in... read more. Based on the number of chapters and the amount of information, I think this book would be beneficial for a 10 week or 16 week term. The textbook successfully covers a wide array of health education topics. Another example, on page. Large chunks of information were broken down into manageable sections and sub-sections and the white space was appreciated. The Acknowledgements page at the front of the book states that it was "compiled by..." and this speaks to the way the text appears. There are enough chapters to spread this out over a ten or 15 week term/semester. The book was limited in depth and many areas needed additional explanation. Diseases and Disorders of the Endocrine System, 13. Zelman, Tompary, Raymond, Holdaway & Mulvihill The text is well-written and contains no grammatical/spelling errors that I noticed. Also standardized formatting for charts and graphics would improve the textbook overall as well. Don't refer to sexual arousal as being "turned on," as that is a cultural metaphor. read more. However, the information is very brief. The amount of information varies... Health information is dynamic and no text can always be current, but there are sections that are clearly too old to be considered useful unto themselves. However, this limitation can be solved by supplementing the book with scholarly articles. Overall, I would have liked to have seen... The chapters on "Relationships & Love" and "Health Care Choices" were excellent additions to what you find in many health books. Some of the links listed in resources are no longer working, and one link in the Fitness chapter is not working, (Adding Physical Activity to Your Life) and I had been looking forward to exploring the topic in more depth. Every once in a while there is a sentence structure issue or a word ordering that is clarified by a re-read. Building Health Skills • Analyzing Influences • Accessing Information Each health skill, appearing once in every chapter, is taught and then reinforced, ensuring that students master these essential life skills. The result? There are biases in the information. Reviewed by Amanda Blaisdell, Assistant Professor, Longwood University on 4/11/19, It gives a lot of information, but it isn't very "in-depth." The textbook successfully covers a wide array of health education topics. A stronger foundation in the latest knowledge: Promotion of critical thinking throughout: Emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion: Improved organization and comprehensive pedagogical tools for easier learning and more rapid mastery: 2. Today, reaching every student can feel out of reach. advanced due to more challenging word/term choices, but this book would work well for anyone taking an intro level class in • The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Many similar textbooks are more The text is not culturally insensitive or offensive. Physical Activity for Health, Fitness, and Performance! This textbook covers the myriad of required topics for an Introductory Health Course. The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning. That just seems sloppy and unprofessional. The research presented is all 2015 or before with an emphasis on 2008 information. Having three chapters on sexuality before nutrition changed the flow and weight of importance. Journalism, Media Studies & Communications, Chapter 4: Relationships and Communication, Chapter 7: Infectious diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's), Chapter 9: Basic Nutrition and Healthy Eating, Chapter 12: Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer. Human Diseases, 8th Edition. Some examples of cultural influences could be presented in the infectious disease section like how practices for burying the dead can lead to disease and how food preparation affects disease management. However, some chapters tend to be limited with reference information. After having taught a health class every term for the past twenty years, I think the way this book is written would appeal to most students. Overall, I would have liked to have seen more case studies, illustrations, examples, and quick quizzes to reinforce the content presented and to reach students with different learning styles. The book is free of any significant interface issues, however there are some small issues such as spacing and formatting errors. Many sections were too brief leaving the reader confused. ©2016, Instructor Resource Manual (Download only) for Human Diseases, 8th Edition Diseases and Disorders of the Digestive System, 10. Mulvihill, Zelman, Tompary, Raymond & Holdaway It offers: Personalize learning with MyHealthProfessionsLab™ NEW: MyHealthProfessionsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Diseases and Disorders of the Urinary System, 11. Page 210 contained an example of a diet list. The contributors have done a great job of presenting accurate information but it is now outdated in many sections and chapters which is what happens in textbooks generally. I think this book does a great job of making the material presented easy to understand. I appreciate all of your efforts on this project. A few places where punctuation is missing. ©2015, Download Accessible Image Library (application/zip)

Cornell Average Gpa By Major, Devin Booker Dad, Gerald Mcraney Trump, 5e Beast List, Esther Yu Father, Corey Chavous Net Worth,