lc 15 headstamp
Found these in my box of brass. Thread starter SoloLobo; Start date Apr 12, 2020; SoloLobo Member. It was the spacing between the L & C that got me to doubting. While sorting out freshly tumbled LC brass by the year on the head stamps, I found that there are two different head stamps for 14. The Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners (AFTE) is the international professional organization for practitioners of Firearm and/or Tool Mark Identification and has been dedicated to the exchange of information, methods and best practices, and the … I don't have any but saw the pics of the head stamps online. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - LC head stamp question, http://www.cruffler.com/trivia-June01.html, http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/rifle/762mm_ammo.html, http://www.amsd.ch/products/ammunitions/tm%2043-0001-27.pdf. Look exactly like .308, but cant be sure. We shot a lot of it in the Guard. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. There is still a lot of M193 brass which WAS NEVER NATO. Apr 12, 2020 #1. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. I don't know what you plan on loading this for. Look exactly like .308, but cant be sure. I think. You must log in or register to reply here. This site uses cookies. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Thank you. Anyone have any ideas about these cases? Thank you. Apr 12, 2020 #1. Yep. I have some with headstamps of LC 91, 92 and 93 and all have the NATO cross on it. No clue about the lot numbers as I tossed the boxes many moons ago when I put the ammo on strippers. Neither has the caliber designated on them. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. "If you have a 7x57, there are a bunch of other chamberings you don't need." Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. What I see as "normal" LC brass is on the bottom and the "other" is on the top. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. Nice to know I have about 6 different FC headstamps but most has SCAMP dimples. Came across some brass with this headstamp: LC 5.56 brass with "5.56mm" in the headstamp. What is the difference between the LC LR and the LC Match?? All Rights Reserved. Some M193 (NOT XM193, mind you) did have the NATO cross on the headstamp. CBC 15 and LC 15 headstamps. It was packaged in steel ammo cans, in 20 round boxes, 820 rounds per can. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Headstamp "LC 5.56mm". (Jimmy Buffet) SotG Re: Federal's response to FC vs. LC brass difference #14613053 02/27/20: Joined: Aug 2015. Would you worry about separating them as a distinct head stamp for reloading purposes? LC apparently is short for Lake City. I have some with headstamps of LC 91, 92 and 93 and all have the NATO cross on it. The "old" looks like the headstamp from 11 and the "new" looks like the headstamp from 15. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Newer FC stamped brass is essentially identical to LC brass. CBC (Brazilian) and LC (Lake City, USA) are military contract manufacturers. Anyone have any ideas about these cases? The NATO mark is only on M855/856 ammo. It's from the m855 made for Saudi Arabia that is for sale every where right now. The new FC stuff is very likely made at the Lake City Arsenal plant on the same machinery that is producing the LC brass with only the headstamp die swapped out. A net search seems to show LC is made at the Army Ammunition Plant located in or near Independence, MO. Shot Show Cancelled - TNVC & NGI Present vSHOTT 2021 with TNV PVS-14 Givewaway! It was packaged in steel ammo cans, in 20 round boxes, 820 rounds per can. LC MATCH is from M852. for general shooting it dosen't matter that much, but if you want to make some match ammo i would sort by year. Some M193 (NOT XM193, mind you) did have the NATO cross on the headstamp. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Not a fabulous pic here, but it shows what I'm talking about. Copyright © 1996-2020 AR15.COM LLC. I went out in the desert where I shoot and found around 200 LC 5.56 brass marked 13, for the new stuff, that had 4 small grooves around the primer pocket on the head of the cartridge. AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Thanks everyone. No clue about the lot numbers as I tossed the boxes many moons ago when I put the ammo on strippers. That the LC brass is as consistent  case to case as it is year to year despite the head stamps. The rounds are head stamped LC 14. Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! If they look like 7.62/308, they probably are. but not all the LC brass(years) have the same head thicknes. Obviously the LC with the year made and the sign is the NATO sign is obvious. I'll keep my gun's , money and freedom you can have the change. Neither has the caliber designated on them. Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! I recently purchased some American Eagle Federal Cartridge Co 5.56 x 45mm XM855 rounds from Wideners. [Last Edit: 6/13/2009 2:36:04 PM EST by ReefRaider], [Last Edit: 6/13/2009 2:53:47 PM EST by nightwolf357], [Last Edit: 6/13/2009 3:23:29 PM EST by zack-s], [Last Edit: 6/13/2009 6:38:27 PM EST by ma96782], [Last Edit: 6/14/2009 5:55:59 PM EST by redleg13a], [Last Edit: 6/15/2009 6:05:19 AM EST by ma96782]. ps tried a rudimentary search on the site first, but cant get search function to work. We need to get over the romance of carrying a WWI era pistol, and get on to the business of shooting smelly bad guys in the face with a modern handgun. Copyright © 1996-2020 AR15.COM LLC. We shot a lot of it in the Guard. I have a … JavaScript is disabled. Shot Show Cancelled - TNVC & NGI Present vSHOTT 2021 with TNV PVS-14 Givewaway! 15 is for production year 2015. Found these in my box of brass. Identical dimensions to my 308 cases using the eyeball test. Some of the LC head stamps have the NATO cross and looked just as I expected, some don't have the cross and the L & C are spaced father apart. Posts: 6,358. The carton shows Federal Cartridge Co at Anoka MN which would give the impression the rounds were … But I can say after processing over 30K of LC 5.56 brass. LC NM national match from M118 ammo. All Rights Reserved. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. - denton "Jimmy, some of it's magic, Some of it's tragic, But I had a good life all the way." OK, seems reasonable. AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Yep LR is long range. .....NATO specification rounds (those marked with the NATO "cross in circle" mark).

Kusarigama Monk 5e, Emily Frlekin Instagram, Mind Flay Wow Corruption, Assunpink Lake Boat Rental, Google Maps Grey Pin Red Dot, Hummingbird Nervous System, Used Miter Saw For Sale Near Me, 6 Week Training Programme For A Footballer Pdf, You Are A Pirate Song, Cubozoa Polyp Or Medusa,